SUMMER TERM -WEEK 6-
Year 1 - Working At Home
From 1st June 2020
Your child will be set weekly activities for English, Maths, Topic and also we will give you other ideas you can do at home. These will be either online activities or refer to work in the packs sent home. We will update the year 1 class page weekly. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
You can contact us at: email@example.com
Please bear in mind that there will be times when these links / sites are not working due to the high demand from all school children and teachers. Don't worry just complete the activities when you can.
Please keep sending us emails and photographs of what you are doing at home,and at the end of the week we will upload them for everyone to see the following week. We love to see them!
Challenge of the Day
Can you make these number sentences correct?
Check back tomorrow to see your new challenge. Have fun!
Activities at Home
We hope you all safe and well. If you do any interesting things or activities at home we would love to see them and share them on our web page for your friends to see. Send us your photographs and written permission to use them, and we will up load them at the end of the week.
Use the year 1 email address.
Check out our activities that have been emailed in!
Phonics & Grammar Activities
- Spend 5-10 mins practising your sounds from your sound card sent home (on the yellow card) or see speedsounds chart above.
- Play some of the English games on BBC bitesize, there are lots of games you can complete and daily lessons. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zd63xyc/articles/zncgvk7
- Grammar challenge - have a go at some of these grammar challenges below.
Tell us something new
Write a letter to Mrs Anchor & Mrs Nuttall telling us about all the things you have been doing.
- Have you learnt a new skill?
- Have you learnt an interesting fact?
- Have you found an old toy you had forgotten about?
- Have you watched a good film?
- What have you enjoyed doing at home?
Remember to use capital letters, full stops and finger spaces in your writing.
You can write it on paper, or on a computer. Don't forget to send it to us so we can read your letters.
There are lots of different ebooks the children can read on Oxford Owls website. They are reading books we use in school and they have activities the children can do after. Please aim for your child to read 1 or 2 books a week.
You will need to register ( it is free) so you can access the books. Please access the books for children aged 5-6 as these are what they are reading in class.
Parents information sheets
If your unsure how to teach phonics or reading this article gives you useful information and advice.
Fun activities to try
Keep checking the list as we will add more things as we find them.
- Cosmic Kids yoga - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Joe Wicks PE lessons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
- Have a picnic
- Paint a rock and leave it for someone to find on your daily exercise
- Make a garden lantern. Paint a jam jar on the outside and place a tealight inside to shine in the evening. (adults only to light the tealight)
- Have a go at some of the lessons on BBC Bitesize
- Have a treasure hunt in your garden
- Bird watch - how many different birds can you see
- Make an obstacle course
- Make a healthy snack
- Send a postcard to a friend
- Make Daisy chains
- Paint a self portrait
This weeks focus: Time
Fun activity: Learn the songs for the x2, x5, x10 timetables on Education city, homework.
Over this week please complete these tasks
- Think about the activities you did yesterday and use the language, before and after,next, first, today and yesterday, morning, afternoon and evening.
- Make yourself a timeline of the things you did. Can you put the times in you did those different things?
- Find out your families birthdays, make a list of what moths they are in. Are there any birthdays in the same months?
- Learn the months of the year and there order.
- Using a timer how long does it take to do different activities, brush your teeth? to get dressed? to eat your tea? read a book?
- Ask your family to set you challenges to see what you can to in 10 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes etc.
- Education city homework https://go.educationcity.com/
Have a go at completing some of these activities and challenges.
Science - Seasonal Change
Explore and learn about shadows and sunshine.
- Take a photo of a teddy bear in the same position during different periods in a day. How do the sun and the shadows change?
- Create a shady place for a creature who doesn’t like the midday sun (or a nocturnal creature). Where is the best place to put the den? Which direction should the entrance face?
- Do some shadow drawings. See the example picture below for details.
Observe and record the weather.
- Watch a weather forecast on TV. Act out your own weather forecast. There is a template to create your own forecast using Purple Mash in the 2Do section. You could even video yourself sharing your weather forecast and make weather props and a map.
- Keep a weather diary for the week. There is a record sheet that you can download below and there is also a template you could use to create your weather diary on Purple Mash in the 2Dos section.
Send any photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put them on the website for everyone to see.
Our bean plant gallery
Keep sending in your photographs and we will keep updating the progress of your plants.